The Community Foundation, formerly known as the Cape Coral Community Foundation, is a global center of generosity and one of the most active grant-giving charitable foundations in Southwest Florida. The Community Foundation is the voice and choice of 4,700 nonprofit organizations in Southwest Florida with a combined workforce of 32,500 employees who generate $ 3.6 billion in annual revenues.
Each year, the Community Foundation honors and celebrates Southwest Florida’s Top 30 Nonprofit Executives. Influential and inspiring leaders are some of the region’s most effective decision-makers and influencers.
Running a non-profit organization, let alone innovating with new ideas, is a tall order. Mastering this balance between sustainability and change is why these top 30 nonprofit CEOs influencers need to be recognized and honored.
Each of the influencers has been identified and confirmed by their peers as a leading player and community builder who performs their duties with integrity and honesty and has a substantial impact in Southwest Florida.
These exceptional individuals have proven themselves in the charitable sector while dedicating their time, talent and treasure to leading transformational change to enrich the community. This honor was created by the South Florida CEO Network, an initiative of the Community Foundation and the Nonprofit Education Grantmaking Fund, as part of a larger vision of appreciating, recognizing and cultivating a culture. regional generosity.
The leaders of nonprofit organizations highlighted here have distinguished themselves as initiators, innovators and leaders. An important standard to select is that the honoree should be an executive who works day in and day out. In many cases this year the day in and day out was 24/7/365 and going on.
The 2021 winners were selected from a pool of around 200 senior executives. Surveys have been sent to business and community leaders to determine who should be on this year’s list. It is not an award for his entire career. Leaders must have had an impact in the past 12 months. Each winner will receive a special appreciation award, featured in press releases and media outlets, and attend a private VIP reception, sponsored by Regions Bank.
Wendy Fullerton-Powell, News Director, News-Press / USA Today, will share an informative presentation on how to get the attention of newsroom decision makers to promote their organizations, which can lead to more visibility, credibility and charitable giving.
The private, invitation-only awards ceremony will be held on December 9 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Luminary Hotel, 2200 Edwards Drive, Fort Myers.
Here is the full list of the Top 30 Community Foundation Nonprofit Executives in 2021:
• Dr Michael Martin, President, Florida Gulf Coast University
• Dr Roger Nutt, President, Ave Maria University
• Paul Hiltz, President, NCH Health System
• Dr Larry Antonucci, President, Lee Health
• Dr Samira Beckwith, President, Hope Healthcare
• Dr Carol Rae Culliton, Founder, Brotherhood of Heroes Resource Center and Museum
• Erin McLeod, President, Friendship Centers for Seniors
• John Nadeau, President Goodwill Industries of SWFL
• Norma Adorno, President, SWFL Regional Aging Agency
• Dawn Montecalvo, President, Guadalupe Center
• Noemi Perez, President, Immokalee Foundation
• Richard Leber, President, Harry Chapin Food Bank
• David Erickson, President, ECHO
• Jeff Metzger, President, New International
• Lara Fisher, President, Grace Place for Children & Families
• Jaime Suanez, Executive Director, Rist Family Foundation
• Lee Ellen Harder, Executive Director, Big Arts Sanibel Island
• Maggi Feiner, President, SANCAP FISH
• Megan McCarthy Beauvais, President, Boys and Girls Club of Naples
• Dan Shoemaker, President, Reciprocal Ministries, International
• Abdul Muhammed, president, Quality Life Center
• Laura Ragain, Executive Director, Ronald McDonald House of SWFL
• Ryan Orgera, President, Sanibel Captiva Conservation Foundation
• Linda Oberhaus, President, Refuge for Women and Children Victims of Violence
• John Martin, General Manager, Florida Repertory Theater
• Stefanie Ink Edwards, President, Community Cooperative
• Angela Melvin, president, Maison de Valérie
• Angel Cerritos, General Manager, Bonita Springs YMCA
• Lynne Thorp, Executive Director, The Dubin Center
• Jennifer Cellitti, Executive Director, PACE Center for Girls, Lee County
Michael Chatman is President and CEO of The Community Foundation, the global center of giving, and can be reached at [email protected], on Twitter @michaelchatman. The Community Foundation is located at 1405 SE 47th Terrace, Unit 2, Cape Coral. For more information, call 239-542-5594.