According to the Hollywood Reporter, several stars of wonder‘s Eternals, namely Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek, Gemma Chan and Lauren Ridloff had to withdraw from Elle magazine’s Women in Hollywood 2021 gala due to potential exposure to someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
What is happening:
- Kicking off the event, Elle EIC Nina Garcia revealed that Jolie, Hayek, Chan and Ridloff, who were to be honored during the evening, would not be in attendance due to potential COVID exposure.
“These superheroes are now in super isolation,” said Nina Garcia, Elle’s EIC. @TheEternals cast members and #ELLEWIH Laureates Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek, Gemma Chan, Lauren Ridloff have been exposed to COVID-19 and can now not attend tonight out of caution pic.twitter.com/SRO1CjM7ur
– Chris Gardner (@chrissgardner) 20 October 2021
- The actresses, along with the rest of the film’s cast were at Eternals World Premiere Monday Night at the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood.
- Those who worked on the red carpet at Eternals premiere had to provide proof of vaccination and take a rapid COVID test on site. Members of the general public were either required to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within the past 48 hours. Inside, masks were compulsory except when eating and drinking.
What they say :
- In a statement provided to The Hollywood Reporter, a spokesperson for Disney said: “Earlier today, we were made aware of possible exposure to COVID-19, and while all of our talents have tested negative, out of caution we are turning to virtual appearances rather than in-person events. “
More news on the Eternals:
About the Eternals:
- Marvel studios Eternals welcomes a new team of superheroes to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The epic story, beginning at the start of civilization and spanning thousands of years, features a group of immortal heroes forced to emerge from the shadows to unite against humanity’s oldest enemy, the Deviants.
- Eternals opens in theaters Friday, November 5.